If you wake up every morning and you go to a certain job, you are both a lucky and a sad person. It is truly a blessing to be employed somewhere, because providing money is not an easy thing to do. Actually, these days, finding a job isn’t quite easy and simple thing to do. On the other hand, if you do have a job to go to that you don’t like, then I can only imagine how much you suffer every day. At first, every job is interesting, but after a while it gets boring and you lose your interest. And being great at your job requires a huge interest and motivation.
Office work can bring you a lot of stress. There are the working hours that are not very appealing, the unpleasant boss that you need to listen to his orders, and the money problem. Not every job is well paid or not well appreciated. Working for 8 hours straight, with only 20 days of the year for a vacation and minimal wage is definitely anyone’s dream. Your daily job becomes a boring routine, you start to hate it and you want to quit. So, what are you waiting for? If it doesn’t make you happy and you don’t earn enough to even cover your monthly expenses, you should live your daily job and start working something different and more profitable. What’s that? Become a freelancer. I’m sure you’ve heard this term before and I’m sure you know someone who does this.
You sit on your computer and keep yourself entertained in your free time, so why don’t you turn it into a workplace? The freelancers are a growing trend worldwide and it is proven that it increases the person’s productivity, it encourages a flexible and dynamic work that can respond to demands outside the normal working hours. The freelancer job is perfect for those who want to work alone, without dealing with groups and trams, without exchanging ideas with other colleagues, that don’t want to work in a traditional office setting and for those who want to be independent.
What Is a Freelancer?
Freelancer is a term that refers to a person who is self-employed and whose work is not directly obligated for any employer and performs tasks or manages projects for some company or institution. Freelancers are often highly skilled and specialized to perform certain tasks (such as HR managers, developers, journalists, editors, professors...) and are usually not incorporated into the organizational structure of the client for whom they work. If you choose this way to do business, the most important tool is your knowledge. In order to successfully do your business, you have to have some skills to offer to the companies and need to know how to become a better you. Experience, professionalism and promotion, of course, are very important items in the successful business as a freelancer.
The 10 Reasons Why You Should Start Being a Freelancer
- You earn more money – Thinking of becoming a freelancer brings the worrying about the earnings. If you think that the freelancer job is a less paid job than your daily job, you’re definitely wrong. On average, if you are a freelancer, you will earn 45% more than you earned at your traditional work place. It is easier to earn more money by freelancing, but that if you want to make more money and if you want to be more successful, you have to put your energy, effort and time in it.
- No boss – You are your own boss. When you are a freelancer, you have no one that controls the work you’ve done and you are not followed everywhere by a higher governing. Maybe your clients are requiring a certain thing, but that’s it. You control how your work is done.
- You save money by spending less – The freelancer job will save your money because it is a job from home. You don’t have to spend your money on the things you used to, like food, snacks, gas, coffee, suits and uniforms, etc. That way, you can save your money and use them for something smarter and more enjoyable, like a vacation for example.
- Your job will change constantly – Working in an office of some other traditional job can get quite boring. You had your certain daily routine and manual there and there is no way you can grow beyond that. As a freelancer, you get constant changes that can improve your adaptation and learning skills.
- The freelancer job is a true challenge – If you’re ambitious and you want to be challenged by your work all the time, then freelancing is the perfect job for you. You can think more, be creative, update and learn new skills and you grow as your business grows.
- You create your work area – At your daily work, everything is set up like your boss wants or you share the same office with other co-workers, so you can’t decorate it in your own way. If you work as a freelancer, you decide your working area (your desk, your monitors, pictures, etc.).
- You work whenever you can and want – Your daily job requires working for 8 hours straight. You should start being a freelancer if you want to set your own schedule. Forget about the fixed schedule and decide as your own boss when are your working hours. Sounds like a dream, right?
- You choose your own customers – At your traditional job, your boss picked your clients and you were forced to work with them. But working as a freelancer has one of the best perks and that is you choose your own customers and decide with whom you want to work with. Besides, you can work with people from all over the world.
- Escape the normal company structure – Forget about pointless meetings, assessment procedures, pointless office politics and games. Become a freelancer and spend more time with your loved ones. You will be home for lunch, dinner, to watch a movie or hang out with your friends more often and more freely.
- Easier and simpler promoting – Everyone uses the Internet, so you can promote your services as a freelancer to many clients much more easily and by doing that, earn more money.